Helium Plasma Technology
RESHAPING WHAT’S POSSIBLE
One of the most important advances for cosmetic procedures in the last 20 years, Renuvion® cosmetic technology is Reshaping What’s Possible for your practice and your patients. Using the proprietary Helium Plasma Technology from Apyx™ Medical a recognized leader in energy-based solutions for the cosmetic and surgical markets, Renuvion delivers proven results, significantly improves operational efficiency and offers unmatched versatility.
TRANSFORMATIONAL HELIUM PLASMA TECHNOLOGY
In the plastic surgery and cosmetic markets the J-Plasma technology is incorporated into our Renuvion® system.
WHAT IS RENUVION?
Since it was discovered to have a distinct tissue contraction effect due to its unique ability to provide controlled heat to the tissue,1,2 Renuvion has been embraced by Plastic Surgeons, Facial Plastic Surgeons and physicians specializing in cosmetic surgery. These experts in their fields are calling it one of the most exciting advancements they’ve seen in the last 20 years.
GAME CHANGING TECHNOLOGY. PRACTICE-TRANSFORMING POTENTIAL.
DELIVERS PROVEN RESULTS
IMPROVES OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY
- Integrates seamlessly into your practice
- No hidden costs for equipment or maintenance
- Time-efficient procedure
- Your everyday go-to device
- Doctors have used device on a wide variety of body areas
- 3-in-1 energy delivery allows almost daily use of system
- Best-in-class monopolar and bipolar energy
FITS RIGHT IN YOUR PRACTICE
The Renuvion system consists of a compact generator and handpiece, and comes standard with Apyx Medical’s industry-leading 4-year warranty.
- Simple to set up and use
- No additional certifications are required
- No need to buy any type of maintenance contract, ever
- Generator offers helium plasma as well as standard monopolar and bipolar energy
1. Renuvion/J-Plasma has received a general clearance and has not been determined to be safe or effective for use in any specific procedures for the treatment of any specific conditions.
2. Apyx Study RP- 18070501
3. Chen SS, Wright NT, Humphrey JD. Heat-induced changes in the mechanics of a collagenous tissue: isothermal free shrinkage. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 1997:109:372-378
4. Feldman LS, Fuchshuber PR, Jones DB. The SAGES Manual on the Fundamental Use of Surgical Energy (FUSE). Springer Science+Business Media, LLC. 2012.
5. Ramsdell WM. Fractional Carbon Dioxide Laser Resurfacing. Semin Plast Surg 2012;26:125-130.
6. Orringer JS, Kang S, Johnson TM, et. al. Connective tissue remodeling induced by carbon dioxide laser resurfacing of photodamaged human skin. Arch Dermatol 2004;140(11):1326-1332.
7. The Renuvion system is intended to be used for the delivery of radiofrequency energy and/or a helium gas plasma for electrosurgical cutting, coagulation and ablation of soft tissue during open surgical procedures. As with all energy devices there are inherent risks associated with its use, refer to the IFU for further information.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
A MATTER OF ENERGY1,2,3
- Collagen reacts very predictably to the application of heat
- At higher temperatures, shorter treatment times can be used to achieve maximum contraction
- At a temperature of ~65°C, treatment time must be >= 152 seconds for significant contraction to occur
- At a temperature of 85°C, treatment time can be reduced to 0.044 seconds (~3,500 times faster)
- Data show Renuvion® rapidly heats tissue to 85°C for just long enough for collagen to achieve maximum contraction
- With Renuvion, heating and cooling back to baseline occurs in less than 0.75 seconds
SAFETY BY DESIGN
- The unique Renuvion energy—helium plasma and proprietary RF—allows for precisely-controlled delivery of heat to tissue, with minimal thermal spread
- Rapid heating with near-instantaneous cooling (see figure 1) allows for shorter duration of activation, and therefore less diffusion of heat to the skin
- Studies show that during subdermal use of Renuvion, temperature at the surface of the skin does not rise by more than 4°C; because of this, external temperature-monitoring is not required (see figure 2)
Figure 1 – Illustration highlighting the benefits of instant tissue heating with its minimal thermal diffusion to the skin
Figure 2 – Thermal image on the neck of a 52 year-old male shows minimal rise in skin temperatures during use of Renuvion
BUILT ON PROVEN TECHNOLOGY
Renuvion has FDA clearance for the cutting, coagulation and ablation of soft tissue during open and laparoscopic surgical procedures.4
- Apyx Study RP- 18070501
- Chen SS, Wright NT, Humphrey JD. Heat-induced changes in the mechanics of a collagenous tissue: isothermal free shrinkage. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 1997:109:372-378
- Feldman LS, Fuchshuber PR, Jones DB. The SAGES Manual on the Fundamental Use of Surgical Energy (FUSE). Springer Science+Business Media, LLC. 2012.
- Renuvion/J-Plasma® has received a general clearance and has not been determined to be safe or effective for use in any specific procedures for the treatment of any specific conditions.
Over the past few years, Renuvion® has been used by Plastic Surgeons, Facial Plastic Surgeons and physicians specializing in cosmetic surgery. The technology is evaluated and described in the constantly growing library of Renuvion clinical references below which includes journal articles, abstracts, posters and book chapters.
Please click on the individual references to learn more.